What is a Walk to Emmaus?
The Walk to Emmaus is a 72-hour Spiritual Retreat for adults that is designed for the development of Christian Leaders. It is an opportunity to meet Jesus Christ in a new way as he is revealed to you through other believers. The Walk to Emmaus experience begins with prayerful discernment and the submission of an application.
Emmaus is open to members of any Christian denomination. Emmaus is for the development of Christian leaders who
- Are members of a local church;
- Have a desire to strengthen their spiritual lives;
- May have unanswered questions about their faith;
- Understand that being a Christian involves responsibility;
- Are willing to dedicate their everyday lives to God in a ongoing manner.
While they were talking and discussing, Jesus himself came near and walked with them. Luke 24:15
What happens during an Emmaus Weekend?
You will enjoy three days of singing, learning, laughing, worshiping, reflecting, praying and participating in small groups. Discussions center around fifteen talks given by laity and clergy. These talks present the theme of God’s grace, how that grace comes alive in the Christian community, and how it is expressed in the world. You’ll also discover how grace is real in your life, how you live a life of grace, and how you bring that grace to others. You will have the opportunity to participate in the daily celebration of Holy Communion and to understand more fully the body of Christ. You will experience God’s grace through the prayers and acts of anonymous service offered by the Emmaus community. You will leave with an experience of Christian love in action that will equip you for new levels of grace-filled service and leadership.
Interested in attending a Walk to Emmaus?
To attend a Walk to Emmaus, please complete the following steps:
- Complete this Participant Application.
- Have your pastor sign your application.
- If you already have someone to sponsor you during your walk, give them your application and registration fee.
- If you do not have someone to sponsor you yet, please mention that to your pastor and they can assist you in connecting with a sponsor.